Burns is the former chairman and CEO of the human resources firm Mercer. She has also served as chief financial officer to companies like Marsh & McLennan Companies (owner of Mercer), Mirant Corporation and Delta Air Lines, Inc. Early in her career, she worked for Arthur Andersen LLP, and was named senior partner and leader of a regional tax practice there.
Burns earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Georgia (UGA). She later received a master's degree in accounting, also from UGA.
- Cisco Systems, Inc., Board Member
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Board Member
- Elton John AIDS Foundation, Board Member & Treasurer
- Goldman Adds a Board Member. New York Times.
- Michele Burns to Join Goldman Sachs Board of Directors. Goldman Sachs.