|Employer||Hughes Hubbard & Reed|
James Kobak is a partner at law firm Hughes Hubbard & Reed in New York. He specializes in SIPC liquidations, mediations and antitrust cases. In November 2011, Kobak was appointed as an SIPC trustee in the liquidation proceedings of MF Global Holdings Ltd.
On Dec. 8, 2011, Kobak testified before the House Agriculture Committee, saying that he could not guarantee a 100-percent return of customer funds and that he believed that $1.2 billion was missing.
- University of Virginia School of Law, LL.B. (1969)
- Harvard University, A.B., Magna Cum Laude (1966)
- New York Bar (1972)
- New Jersey Bar (1996)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal Circuit
- Second Circuit
- Third Circuit
- District Courts in New York, New Jersey and Northern District of California
- Court-Appointed Mediator, U.S. District Court of Eastern District of New York
- James Kobak. LinkedIn.
- MF Global Trustee Will Pursue All ‘Legally Available’ Assets. Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Testimony of James B. Kobak, Jr. (PDF). House Agriculture Committee.
- James B. Kobak, Jr.. Hughes Hubbard & Reed.